Genocea Biosciences is a fast-growing vaccine discovery and development company based in Massachusetts. Genocea Biosciences is harnessing the power of T cell immunity to develop the next generation of vaccines. We have been able to uniquely identify protective T cell antigens in humans exposed to a pathogen using ATLAS™, the proprietary technology platform that mimics the human immune response in the laboratory, potentially improving the effectiveness of vaccine candidates and drastically reducing the time needed to create them.
Genocea is building a software platform to automate Genocea’s proprietary vaccine discovery workflows and capture row data and results in to a central database to build a data warehouse for data mining and analysis.
We are seeking a fulltime permanent Lead Software Engineer to join our agile software development team to participate in building the enterprise software suite. In this crucial role, you will be involved in design, development and maintenance of a suite of applications ranging from web applications, windows and Web services and thick-client applications. You are expected to work well with in team environment as well as independently and also be able to provide technical leadership to in-house and offshore software development teams.
- Participate in agile development teams, including interacting with end users (Scientists) to come up with well performing and scalable solutions.
- Participate in requirements gathering and feature estimation.
- Acquire business domain knowledge and be the point person in the team for requirement clarifications
- Implement features according to specifications and adherence to coding standards.
- Design and develop maintainable applications and services that fuel core business processes considering performance, scalability and maintainability.
- Participate in technical design, unit testing and documentation of the code developed.
- Raise issues with requirements and technical implementation and proactively seek resolution.
- Understand and apply object-oriented development techniques and standard software development patterns.
- Follow test-driven development practices to ensure quality deliverables.
- Evaluate alternate solutions to technical problems in an ego-free environment to collaboratively determine the most appropriate outcome.
- Continuously improve understanding of business processes and functions.
- Provide technical leadership to in-house and offshore software development teams.
- Take the ownership of sub system development and work with the team to deliver according to the time line.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with minimum 8 year experience in designing and developing highly scalable web apps using Microsoft technologies such as ASP.Net web forms, ASP.Net MVC, Web API, C#, LINQ, Entity framework and SQL server.
- Solid understanding of Object oriented concepts, UML, design patterns and SOLID principles.
- At least 8 year hands on experience in C#, and worked with .Net frameworks 4.5.
- Strong understanding and practical experience with generics, anonymous methods, lambda expressions and LINQ.
- At least 4 year strong hands on experience in developing asynchronous web applications with ASP.Net MVC framework 3 or higher is needed
- Experience with windows forms or WPF.
- Some experience in writing and understanding VBA excel macros is needed.
- At least 3 year solid hands on experience in Entity Framework and ADO.net is needed
- Experience with JQuery UI controls and Telerik controls is a plus
- At least 7 year hands on experience in Database design and development (writing Sored procedures, functions and triggers) in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher
- Hands on experience with SSIS, SSAS and SSRS is needed.
- At least 3 year Hands on experience with WCF or ASP.NET Web API
- Hands on experience working with dependency injection containers such as Autofac, StructureMap, Ninject, Unity etc.(Autofac prefered).
- Experience in Unit testing frameworks such as NUnit and Moq.
- Proficiency with Visual Studio 2013/2015, source control and continuous integration tools such TFS (Team foundation server), modeling tools VISIO or SPARX enterprise architect.
- Experience working in a Scrum team.
- Strong problem solving skills and communication skills along with the ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Self-motivated and willing to work through problems without obvious answers
- Hands on experience in developing Excel Add-Ins is a plus.
- Experience in Windows Workflow foundation (WWF) is a plus.
- Having Microsoft certification and Scrum Certifications is a plus
- Experience in life sciences domain is a plus