Genocea Biosciences, Inc. is harnessing the power to T cell immunity to develop the next generation of vaccines to a wide range of infectious disease and immune oncology pathogens. Seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our team as a Senior Financial Analyst.
The ideal candidate will have a strong planning and analysis background, preferably within the biotech/pharma industry with an understanding of the fundamentals of general accounting. This position reports to the Director of FP&A.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Support Director of FP&A with the overall financial performance management process
- Manage the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for the assigned functional units – operating expense, headcount, and capital expenditures.
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely monthly/quarterly management reporting including monthly financials and expense reporting.
- Provide analytical support to the assigned functional units. This includes developing new analyses and improving reports and metrics to better support business partners’ decision making process in the fast changing environments.
- System Support (NetSuite, Adaptive): Maintain and optimize existing reports and build new ones, monthly updates and QC process, …
- Other ad hoc analysis and duties as assigned
Required Skills and Background
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role and a BA or BS degree.
- Proven track record in supporting functional units.
- Excellent analytical skills and working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting policies and procedures required.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry.
- In-depth knowledge of NetSuite, other ERP systems and Adaptive.