Summary of Position
The Innovation and Automation Department at Genocea Biosciences, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and independent automation specialist with background in high-throughput screening and molecular cloning. The associate will join a team responsible for the generation of large-scale proteome expression libraries for screening in our ATLASTM platform. The associate will have the opportunity to work together with other scientists, computational biologists and software engineers to develop and deploy novel technologies to enable vaccine development for oncology patients.
- Perform experiments to enable automated generation and screening of genome-scale proteome-expression libraries.
- Work with a team or lead optimization and implementation of molecular biology tools for an automated high-throughput platform.
- Configure, program and operate liquid handling instrument software as required.
- Run process investigations and troubleshooting activities for high priority, time sensitive automation operations.
- Create, revise and update standard operating procedures as needed.
- Provide training and support of new workflows as needed.
- Register, maintain and track library inventories and workflows that will integrate into an internally developed software.
- Hands on experience with various automation platforms.
- Ability to address, troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise with liquid handling equipment and other general/automated laboratory equipment.
- Understanding of molecular biology and hands on experience with high-throughput molecular cloning and high-throughput screening.
- High-throughput assay optimization and assay miniaturization.
- Hands on experience with automated nucleic acid purification and genome-scale cloning.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently is essential.
- Strong creative thinking and independent problem solving.
Education & Experience Required
- BS or MS in Molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related fields is required.
- At least five years of automation experience in a high-throughput-oriented lab.
- Experience operating and developing methods and worklists for automated liquid handling systems required.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues with automation software and equipment.