We are seeking an Associate to join our Analytical Development and Formulations Department in Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate is a motivated, energetic, detail-oriented person who can provide support for analytical characterization and formulation development of protein antigens used in our vaccines. This candidate will have prior experience with HPLC, ELISA and analytical methods as applied to the characterization of protein molecules.
- Ability to carry out experiments with limited supervision
- Makes contributions to experimental designs
- Maintain knowledge of advanced principals in field at hand, and applies new techniques
- Use of problem solving and technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of projects.
- Prepare slide decks independently and present them for internal company meetings.
- Works independently to anticipate the needs of the project.
- Maintain literature files and accurate laboratory records and notebooks.
- Work cross- functionally within organization to achieve common goals.
- Recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- A solid theoretical understanding of and experience with HPLC, ELISA and gel electrophoresis techniques. Method development experience is a plus.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, communicate results and compile technical reports
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record and document analytical data.
- Displays solid technical knowledge and hands-on experience
- Capacity to adapt, and shows a strong desire to learn new concepts and techniques
- Ability to work effectively in a cross -functional setting.
- Good communication skills and the ability to multitask.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years or Master’s degree with a minimum of 1 year experience in biopharmaceutical and/or vaccine development