Summary of Position
Genocea Biosciences, Inc. is harnessing the power of T cell immunity to develop the next generation of vaccines to a wide range of infectious disease pathogens. We are seeking an experienced Sample Coordinator to support the clinical assay team by receiving, validating, storing and tracking temperature sensitive clinical trial samples.
- This position will maintain quality control, inventory and organization of samples. The Sample Coordinator will be responsible for receipt of potentially infectious/biohazardous samples from clinical studies and managing samples through entry and tracking in an electronic Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Must perform a variety of tasks related to sample management in adherence with standard operating procedures and be responsible for documenting and retention of source materials.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organization and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Flexibility in meeting the needs of a fast moving work environment.
- Displays solid technical knowledge and has hands-on experience.
- Proficient with MS Office and significant experience with electronic database systems.
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices. Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with LIMS database, Freezerworks, or Excel-based Macros a plus.
- Knowledge of immunology and immunological assays a plus.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelors or Associates degree with 2 years’ experience with database systems