We are seeking a highly organized and motivated person to manage and support laboratory and facility operations in a fast-paced biotechnology company. The position requires strong background in laboratory operations, including equipment maintenance, stockroom management and EH&S principles. Successful candidates must have an understanding of the operation of basic laboratory equipment, preferably in biology or analytic laboratories. Strong organizational and project management skills are required. This position requires the ability to multitask and troubleshoot problems in addition to completing ongoing projects and tasks. The candidate will be required to work closely with scientific staff to ensure smooth operations of the laboratory. Must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, be highly collaborative, self-motivated and flexible.
- Oversee the day to day operation of the laboratories, ensuring operational efficiency for the research teams.
- Coordinate the regular maintenance and repair of MEP building systems with service vendors including; security and temperature alarm systems and lab related services including RO water systems and wastewater treatment.
- Serve as point of contact for vendors, technicians and service providers
- Lab support function including cleaning glassware, autoclaving and media preparation
- Stockroom inventory management, ordering and receiving of supplies
- Maintain equipment and instruments in good working order. Coordinate service contracts, preventative maintenance and repairs with vendors and scientific staff. Oversee monitoring program for temperature controlled units
- Develop protocols and manuals relevant to laboratory equipment/projects. Implement procedures to ensure compliance with internal policies
- Coordinate new equipment demonstrations and installation.
- Manage Lab Services requests; resolve researcher issues and respond to lab-related inquiries in real time
- Biohazard waste management coordinate with suppliers and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and training requirements
- Environmental Health & Safety and hazardous waste program. Work closely with EH&S consultants and technical staff.
- Conduct lab tours and training for new users and operations-related training (changing LN2 tanks, proper biohazard disposal, autoclave use, etc.), organize meetings/trainings/communication between Lab Operations department and the lab users
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be a team player and work effectively across departments.
- EH&S experience with DOT and RCRA, and MA wastewater license required
- Ability to work and be part of cross functional teams
- Cross functional planning
- Must be a team player and work effectively across Laboratory and Administrative departments.
- EH&S experience with DOT and RCRA training a plus
Education & Experience
- BA/ BS in science or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in the biotech industry
- Prior experience in facilities maintenance and lab operations required