Summary of Position
The Flow Cytometry research associate will be expected to perform immunology and flow cytometry-based experiments utilizing established and novel procedures. The successful candidate will run assays to evaluate the immunogenicity and efficacy of infectious disease and oncology vaccines in clinical trials. The ideal candidate is a motivated, energetic, detail-oriented person who will design, carry out and troubleshoot experiments with limited supervision. Position involves making contributions to experimental design and data analysis. The candidate will be expected to be in the laboratory to perform experiments and clinical testing with other team members. The candidate must have a strong, positive work ethic and be highly collaborative with other group members.
- Immunological-based techniques including functional T cell assays (e.g. Fluorospot/ELISPOT, multicolor flow-cytometry).
- Peripheral blood mononuclear cell isolation and culture techniques.
- Independently design experiments, analyze data and prepare reports.
- Prepare slide decks independently and present them for internal company meetings.
- Maintain literature files and accurate laboratory records and notebooks.
- Troubleshoot experimental assays under minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work in the laboratory to perform clinical testing and meet deadlines.
- A solid theoretical understanding of and experience with immunology and flow cytometry techniques. Assay development experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a cross-functional team with a positive attitude.
- Proficiency using spreadsheets and selected job specific software, including Prism, FlowJo, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Sharepoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, communicate results and compile technical reports.
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record and document analytical data.
- Solid technical knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Capacity to adapt, with a strong desire to learn new concepts and techniques.
Education & Experience Required
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 2 years or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in biopharmaceutical industry