Summary of Position
The Innovation and Automation Department at Genocea Biosciences, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and independent molecular biologist with expertise in multiple nucleic acid extraction and manipulation techniques. The Associate will join a team responsible for the generation of large-scale proteome expression libraries for screening in our ATLASTM platform. The Associate will have the opportunity to with other scientists, computational biologists and software engineers to develop and deploy novel technologies to enable vaccine development for oncology patients.
- Perform experiments designed to increase the efficiency and throughput of our automated library generation and screening pipeline.
- Contribute to the development of novel high-throughput pooled screening methods.
- Work within the Molecular Cloning Team to generate multiple gene expression libraries in parallel.
- Provide support to investigate and troubleshoot high priority and time sensitive operations.
- Create, revise, and update standard operating procedures as needed.
- Provide support of new workflows as needed.
- Register, maintain and track library inventories and workflows that will integrate into an internally developed software.
- Hands on experience with various high-throughput molecular cloning methods.
- Experience in the preparation of samples for genomic, transcriptomic, and/or proteomic analysis approaches (i.e. NGS, RNAseq and microarray).
- The ability to collaborate within a team environment to ensure timely delivery of expression libraries.
- Experience with protein expression analysis methods including Western Blotting.
- Knowledge of automated liquid handling and laboratory robots is a plus.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently is essential.
- Strong creative thinking and independent problem solving.
Education & Experience Required
- BS or MS in Molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related fields is required.
- 3+ years of experience in a high-throughput-oriented lab
- Demonstrates experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues within a high-throughput team environment.