Summary of Position
The Synthetic Biology Team within the Discovery Group at Genocea Biosciences, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and independent synthetic biologist. The synthetic biologist will join the Synthetic Biology Team which is responsible for the generation of large-scale proteome expression libraries for screening in our ATLASTM platform. In addition, the scientist will develop novel technologies which will enable the team to generate the proteome expression libraries more efficiently. The synthetic biologist will also work closely with other biologists, computational biologists, and software engineers to deploy novel technologies enabling the generation of personalized cancer vaccines.
- Contribute to the development of novel protein expression reporter systems as well as high-throughput pooled screening methods.
- Perform experiments designed to increase the efficiency and throughput of our automated library generation and screening pipeline.
- Work within the Synthetic Biology Team to generate multiple libraries in parallel.
- Provide support to investigate and troubleshoot high priority and time sensitive operations.
- Create, revise, and update standard operating procedures as needed.
- Provide support of new workflows as needed.
- Register, maintain, and track library inventories and workflows that will integrate into an internally developed database.
- A track record of developing synthetic reporter systems (i.e. GFP, LacZ, chromogenic proteins, etc.).
- Hands on experience with various synthetic cloning and protein expression detection methods.
- Experience in the preparation of samples for genomic, transcriptomic, and/or proteomic analysis approaches (i.e. NGS, RNAseq and microarray).
- The ability to collaborate within a team environment to ensure timely delivery of expression libraries.
- Knowledge of automated liquid handling and laboratory robots is a plus.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently is essential.
- Strong creative thinking and independent problem solving.
Education & Experience Required
- BS or MS in Synthetic biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related fields is required.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the biotechnology industry.
- Demonstrated experience in developing creative solutions for complex problems.
- Capacity to troubleshoot and resolve issues within a team environment.