Genocea Biosciences is an immuno-oncology biotechnology company focused on bringing personalized cancer vaccines to patients. Genocea’s foundational technology, the ATLAS™ platform, is a high-throughput autologous cell assay that discovers T cell antigens thought to be important in fighting a patient’s disease. ATLAS™ results are used to select validated neoantigens for a patient-specific vaccine, and upon population-based screening can identify antigens to include in a common vaccine. Our lead program, GEN-009, a personalized neoantigen vaccine, will soon be in the clinic.
Genocea is seeking an exceptional scientist to join the Discovery team. The ideal candidate is a motivated, energetic, detail-oriented person who will carry out experiments with limited supervision and take on project management responsibilities. The successful candidate demonstrates a strong desire to learn new concepts and techniques, has a creative and flexible mind, and lives a do-what-it-takes attitude. Strong communication skills will be key to work well within a dynamic and team-oriented environment.
- Key contributor to the current and next generation of ATLAS™ screening, utilizing various immunological techniques including but not limited to cell sorting, multicolor flow-cytometry, ELISpot and high-throughput ELISA-based assays.
- Experimental troubleshooting and development of improved workflows suitable for research and clinical application.
- Presentation of coherent and cohesive scientific data internally and externally
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Follow new developments in the field of immune-oncology.
- Ensure scientific integrity and documentation of experimental data to meet standards suitable for intellectual property, FDA submissions, and publication.
Education and Experience Required
- PhD in immunology, cancer biology or a related field with 2+ years of postdoc experience in an academic or industry setting. Outstanding M.Sc. candidates will be considered.
- Direct experience with immune cell isolation, differentiation, and expansion.
- Experience with common techniques of cellular immunology and assay optimization.
- Capacity to adapt and a strong desire to learn new concepts and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills contributing to the success of cross functional groups.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task and troubleshoot.
- Thrives in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, dynamic and results-oriented environment.