Better cancer immunotherapies for patients start
with better antigen selection
At Genocea, it is our mission to identify the right tumor targets to develop life-changing immunotherapies for people suffering from cancer. Our proprietary ATLAS™ platform comprehensively profiles each patient’s T cell responses to potential targets, or antigens, on that patient’s tumor.
Unique and proprietary antigen discovery platform
ATLAS™ is a unique bioassay that enables a superior, patient biology-driven approach to identify targets of protective T cell responses. ATLAS zeroes in on only those surface-presented antigens that trigger anti-tumor T cell responses.
How ATLAS Works
ATLAS antigen selection: our foundation
- Included: Antigens relevant to both disease and patient immune system
- Confirms antigens that are surface-presented and drive anti-tumor T cell responses
- Excluded: Inhibigens, uniquely identified by ATLAS
- CD4+ and CD8+ T cells responding to Inhibigens can promote tumor growth and compete with immunotherapy anti-tumor effects
- For any patient, any antigen type, any disease, and both CD4+ and CD8+ T cells
- ATLAS is a highly industrialized platform
- Global patent families protect ATLAS into 2030s
Inhibigens™ – Identified Solely Through ATLAS
ATLAS is the only technology that can identify pro-tumor inhibitory antigens, or InhibigensTM, which subvert anti-tumor immune responses in the context of cancer immunotherapy. A growing body of foundational research led by the Genocea team has revealed the responses to Inhibigens enhance tumor growth and undermine otherwise effective immunotherapies.
Explore more information on this breakthrough research below:
- “An empirical antigen selection method identifies neoantigens that either elicit broad anti-tumor T cell responses or drive tumor growth”, Cancer Discovery
- “Neoantigens: Friend or foe? New insights into tumor mutations that both betray and protect cancer”, STAT
- Hear more from the team working on this pivotal research